Hiya everyone and welcome to my blog!
Recently I discovered something new and amazing… and that is MUG CAKES! I have no idea where I’ve been or why I have never made these before but boy was I missing out!
I’ve made quite a few different flavoured mug cakes recently but this Nutella cake was by far my favourite! So in this post I’m going to share the recipe that I used, I found one online and made a few adjustments to make sure that it cooked properly in my microwave. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and tastes absolutely amazing, definitely one for Nutella lovers!
- 2 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of Nutella
1. Add the 2 tbsp of flour, 1 heaped tbsp of cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt into a decent sized mug, I prefer ones with a wide top as that prevents the mug from overflowing when it is cooking.
2. Next add the egg, 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar and 3 tablespoons of Nutella. You can as much Nutella as you want but I like more because I am a huge fan of Nutella!
3. Then mix it all together until it forms a nice, smooth cake batter.
4. Cook for about 70 seconds but if it is still a bit sticky in the middle, put it back in for another 20 seconds. Leave to cool for about a minute and top with more Nutella, sprinkles or whatever you fancy really!
5. Grab a fork, dig in and enjoy!
Have you had mug cakes before? Let me know if you try this!
I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading!