Well, perhaps the longest month EVER is finally coming to an end. I feel like January has just gone on and on for ages! Maybe it’s because there’s been a lot going on in my life? Or maybe it’s just the curse of January? Who knows! But it’s over now and I thought it would be the perfect time to return my Love List series because I really enjoy writing them each month. So let’s get into my favourites of the year so far!
- CC Cream – I picked this up pretty recently from Boots. My skin isn’t the best at the moment and I wanted something I could use everyday to cover it a bit but I didn’t want anything too full coverage like my usual foundations. I love my Bourjois foundation so I when I saw this low coverage CC cream I thought I’d give it a go. There isn’t many shades but this wasn’t an issue for me. It was only £9.99 and I really like it! It colour corrects your skin but doesn’t cover everything so it’s perfect for a natural day to day makeup look!
- Spectrum brushes – I have been looking at these brushes for a while now. And when I was in Boots I spotted the stand and I just had to pick a couple up! I have always wanted a fan brush for my highlighter which I am loving using as well as a two sided eyeshadow which is amazing and so so useful! They are quite expensive to buy fully but little by little I think I will be gradually collecting the whole set!
- Sexy mother pucker – I received a mini in a Christmas present and I absolutely loved it! So a few weeks ago I decided to pick up a full sized tube in the shade ‘Plums up’. This is such an interesting product as a few minutes after you apply it, your lips begin to tingle and look slightly bigger than usual! It is also a really pretty dark pink/ sort of browny colour and super glossy too!
- YOU – This is genuinely one of the most interesting programmes I’ve ever watched! Every episode you learn something new which keeps bringing you back to watch more! It follows the story of a man called Joe who falls in love (and gets pretty obsessed) with a girl named Beck. He says he loves her so much that he would do absolutely anything for her and the series shows you the extents to which he will go and the problems that follow. There is plot twists and shocks that made me gasp out loud! So if you like mystery/ thriller TV shows, this is definitely one for you!
- Benidorm – This is one of my favourites shows ever. I’ve watched it so many times but I will always re-watch it. Benidorm is full of stupid humour and is just so easy to watch. It is based at an all-inclusive hotel in Benidorm and every season is a new year and different people coming on holiday, including recurring and new characters. It’s light-hearted, funny and there are loads of episodes on Netflix which will keep you going for a while!
- Toblerone – My Dad randomly bought me one of these a few weeks ago and I rediscovered how much I loved them! I just keep buying them and I can’t stop myself, I just think the chocolate is so nice and they last me quite a while as well, so if you haven’t had one in a while definitely get one next time your out shopping!
- Uni – If you saw my last post, I will link it here, you will know that I recently moved into student halls as I started university last week. I am doing adult nursing and I just can’t wait to get properly started! I am loving it so far and looking forward to my future at university and my journey to become a nurse.
- Teddy bear hoodie – I bought this a few weeks ago in Primark. I saw it and just couldn’t say no, I think it was about £10 which is an amazing price! It is so fluffy and comfortable and I’ve hardly taken it off since I got it!
- Vans – I bought these in the January sales and I wear them ALL the time! I was looking at them for months but I just couldn’t commit, then I saw them in the sale for £42 and I just thought I’d go for it! They are really comfy and look really nice with pretty much any outfit!
What are your favourite things from January? Let me know!
As always, thanks for reading!